Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Redeeming The Arts

Whether or not you're an artist, I challenge you to take the time to watch this video. My friend Ally Westfallen (you can see her previous guest post here ) is a very talented speaker and dancer. This speech is one that she wrote for NCFCA competitions this year and it is quite powerful!

"I adopted Michelangelo's motto several years ago. He said, 'Criticize by creating.' I get frustrated when I see the church criticizing by criticizing. Why don't we make better movies? Why don't we write better books? Why don't we start better businesses? Why don't we criticize by creating? I just think we ought to be more known for what we're for than what we're against. We ought to beat the enemy at his own game, and that means we ought to be shrewd as snakes."

~Mark Batterson

   



Let's make good art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...