Monday, July 29, 2013

last teaching week

     Today marks the beginning of my last week of teaching at my home studio that I've built up over the past few years. I'm working on writing notes to the students and families who have been so faithful over the past few years and desperately trying to brainstorm good gifts for my students that I can scrounge up in a few hours. It's been a crazy weekend between a good friend's grad party and my cousin's play, as well as my Grammy's last weekend in Chicago before she drives back to Colorado, so I've hardly had time to think about the fact that this is it!
     It's so hard to believe that I will no longer get to see these kids every week anymore. I will miss all of my students terribly! I just pray that they find great and wonderful teachers (SOON!) and that they continue to pursue music in the future. These students have made me laugh, sweat, lecture and smile, and I'm thankful for each one of them that taught me to be a better teacher. What a blessing they have been in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...