Friday, May 3, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

It's Friday again, and I'm linking up with Jen at Conversion Diary.

1.

We had three amazing days of sunshine and warm weather; in fact, Wednesday was HOT! But apparently we're not allowed to be happy for very long because it's currently less than 40 degrees Fahrenheit, which means I am not going out for that early-ish morning walk I was going to take. 

2. 

I found the trick for getting myself up early!
I've been trying for months to get up at a reasonable time in the morning, and just couldn't manage it. I would set my alarm for 7:15, wake up to it, and then lay in bed in a state of groggy confusion for 30 to 45 minutes until I finally sat up around 8am, and then I would conclude that I might as well have slept until then anyway. 
Enter three-day streak of warm weather. 
Naturally, I slept with the windows open in my room. And, miracle of miracles, I woke up at 6:30am or 6:15am every morning. 
Warm weather, come back to me. I need you to get me up early every morning!

3. 

I'm currently reading Merchant of Venice, and I'm actually enjoying it. 
I'd previously read The Tempest, Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet and Twelfth Night and they were just okay. I was always sort of confused about what was going on, and only half-way engaged in the story-line. They were also always side-by-side original Shakespeare text with a translation. 
Apparently I hate side-by-side Shakespeare translations, because I got Merchant of Venice from the library, and it has no side-by-side translation, and I'm actually following the story-line and enjoying the book. Maybe I like Shakespeare after all! 

4. 

I'm having a hard time remembering what I wear in the warm weather. This is not a joke. I've gotten used to long-sleeved t-shirts, my jeans and slacks, and comfy sweaters and cardigans, so that I had a bit of a hard time on Wednesday when it was over 80 degrees and I had to figure out what to wear for work. Cue plain purple dress with no accessories whatsoever. 

5. 

I've apparently established with my friends that I don't actually hang out with them because I like  them, but because (a) Geri gives me good facebook statuses, and (b) Ally gives me great awkward stories to pass along. 
Obviously, we have extremely functional relationships. ;)

6.

A friend sent me this video today: 

The unfortunate thing is that it's all too often true. Hence my tumultuous relationship with current worship music. 

7. 

I'm still trying to soak in the idea that I will soon be living in a climate which does not involve snow. This is a very strange concept to me, and I think I'm going to miss the seasons like crazy. When we were at Biola in February, they had flowers blooming, and it was really weird.
I love spring and fall, and there's just something about a crisp, cold winter night when sky is really clear, and you can see the stars well. Probably I'll get enough of that when I come home for Christmas, but we'll see. 

Happy Friday! And I hope that wherever you are, it's warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...