Thursday, April 5, 2012

Holy Week: Thursday

(Today's post is a guest post from my sister Allison. Check out her blog for more poetry and theological musings: http://www.ars-cosmosinchaos.blogspot.com/ )

 

Chains

I can't stand anymore;
it's too heavy.
my whole being is throbbing,
pulsing.

Intense pain
everywhere.
I see his hand, stretched out toward me,
and I turn away in shame
and something like hatred.
But his hand is still there, waiting.

Finally, desperation overcomes;
I reach for him;
put it in his hand.

Everything.
I see the rest of him now;
I see his face twist in aguish,
And the pain in his eyes makes me want to weep.

I see him stagger backward, under the weight;
I see the blood making rivulets down his face.
I hear his agonized, tortured breathing.

And I realize my world has stopped spinning,
the pounding in my head has ceased;
strength creeps back into my bones
and I can stand again.

And I am free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...