Thursday, March 8, 2012

Identity

     We sometimes say of people, especially young people, "They don't know who they are yet." And often it is true. But even some who think they know who they are will be betrayed if it is not based on truth.

     Perhaps we need not worry or search to discover who we are, but need only to seek God. For when we know him, he will tell us who he is, and who we are, and we will not be betrayed by false foundations. For the word of the Lord is truth, unshakeable truth. He knows, beyond bias and beyond ignorance, beyond our poorly constructed walls and scars of shame who we are. Before the light of his glory we stand exposed and our souls are laid bare. And the Lord, in his justice and his mercy, in the grace of his righteousness, tells us who we are, and if we are cleansed in the blood of his perfect Son, we need not fear to hear his answer.

"Father, who am I?"
"You are the reflector of my glory."

2 comments:

  1. I was perusing blogs on blogger and happened upon this one. Very inspiring blog! How long have you been blogging? I started mine last summer. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just started my blog at the beginning of this year, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...