Tuesday, February 7, 2012

the Seed

The seed must fall and die,
It must wait, alone; and lie
Upon the frozen ground
While winter comes with bitter chill
To kill the earth without a sound.
How silently the death
will creep and the seed with sad
Surrender must give its breath
Away and turn over every will.
But when the spring at last
Arrives, with stirring wind and myriad
Of sunny warmth, the seed once cast
Away will come to life;
It will bear a hundred-fold
Itself, and live, a ripened stalk
Of rich abundance, among the fields of gold.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him."
[John 12:24-26]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...