Sunday, February 26, 2012

the Cost

If I follow,
a disciple, leaving all behind
If I obey,
a servant, doing only thy will
who will I be then?
For I shall be consumed by Thee,
transformed by Thee,
and slowly the self shall fade away and die.
The wisdom of God is foolish to men.
How foolish, then, this fear
that I am in over my head
that the cost is so terribly high.

Wilt thou give me courage, then,
when I have swam so far and long,
So deep into thy love, that breath flees?
  To make the final plunge and trust
that this foolishness is
       glory to the Spirit and Son and
                   Father everlasting?
not my will, but Thine be done.

1 comment:

  1. Is it truly the death of self or the filling and true fulfilling of self as we slowly become to resemble more and more who and what we were created to be?
    ...Just a thought....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...