Sunday, January 15, 2012

Under The Mercy

     "We are, I think, so made that our greatest happiness is in doing God's will. If I am right, those who rebel against God do not find either joy or happiness, except momentarily, for they are rebelling against happiness itself. There is only one fountain of joy...I should not have found that happiness, that exaltation, had God cast me off as the disobedient sinner I was. Instead, in His mercy, He patiently drew me back to Him.
Thus it is that I know that my life, and all lives, are under the Mercy."
(Sheldon Vanauken, Under the Mercy)

     I love the idea that we are under the Mercy of God. One of my favorite psalms is Psalm 46, "God is our refuge and our strength, a very present help in trouble..." When we begin to understand that our lives are sheltered beneath the Mercy, that in Christ we have a solid rock, a refuge that will stand when all else falls, we will have the context that comes with the fear of the Lordthe understanding that we are part of a bigger story.
     Somehow, I hope that my words, or poems, or thoughts, will help you to glimpse in some way another part of the story. I hope they will remind you that you are always under the Mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...